Lead a team of systems engineers in risk management, requirements development, planning, hardware and software engineering, integration and validation of aircraft propulsion systems
Lead with a hands-on approach in collaboration with other engineering department managers in a low-volume, fast-paced engineering and design environment.
Oversee all design, testing, documentation and validation to ensure that all engineering teams are adhering to system level requirements.
- Specify, setup, and oversee systems engineering processes in Jama in accordance with industry best practices and FAA regulations
- Specifies and uses appropriate tools for system architecture, system modeling and simulation, optimization, system dynamics, systems analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and risk analysis
- Develop and memorialize high-level requirements
- Oversee decomposition of requirements and linking through the systems engineering process to verification/validation activities including generation of all required artifacts
- Works with project managers to support the creation, maintenance, and execution of project plans, work breakdown structures, and schedules
- Ensure correct resource assignments commensurate with the priority and complexity of project tasks
- Oversee system engineering design reviews
- Oversee aircraft analysis of aerodynamics, performance and flight mechanics
- Develop project budgets and schedules for system engineering activities
- 10-15 years of experience in Systems Engineering or related discipline
- FAA certification
- ARP 4754