A robotics start-up company developing autonomous electrical systems for commercial applications
Company: A robotics start-up company developing autonomous electrical systems for commercial applications
Opportunity: The above client is looking for a Firmware Engineer to join their team to help develop firmware for their all-electric, autonomous hardware systems
Requirements: Skilled in EE fundamentals, including familiarity with embedded coding, scaffolding, validation and testing, and continuous integration and deployment to the field.
Location: This job can be located in Boulder, CO or Austin, TX
*TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE REGISTER AT CLUSTERINC.COM*
The right individual for this role will take ownership of the life cycle for the products initial design concept, to prototyping and testing, through full scale production. This is a hands-on position that will require working cross-functionally with mechanical, electrical and software engineers across their engineering team team, helping to refine their designs, test its reliability and drive manufacturing, while tracking and managing project costs.
- Deliver high-quality C software in a real-time environment
- Architect and implement sophisticated features and functionality at low levels (battery+power management, motor control, compute, sensing and user interface, etc)
- Review electrical and systems specifications in-depth with an eye for the hardware-software interface
- Bring-up new electrical systems for the first time, hands-on debug and optimization
- Create scaffolding for robust and performant inter-device communications as well as test fixtures and production line tools
- BS or MS in EE, CS, CE, SE or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Proficient in C, with exposure to Python, Rust and linux
- Experience working with ARM microcontrollers and their tools
- Experience with common embedded communications protocols or interfaces including CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Able to deliver under pressure and operate within challenging startup time constraints
- Bonus points for candidates with existing robotics experience, camera and inertial measurement system exposure and EV or automotive software experience.