A battery design company developing the first long-term full-scale battery solution for powering the home
Company: A battery design company developing the first long-term full-scale battery solution for powering the home
Opportunity: The above client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team developing circuit board designs for multiple applications ranging from digital electronics, to analog electronics and power supply.
Requirements: Strong EE fundamentals, including familiarity with DSP, microcontrollers, programmable logic controllers, and digital communication busses
The right individual for this role will take ownership of the circuit board development process from specifications through design, prototype, validation, and manufacturing. This is a hands-on position that will require working cross-functionally with teams such as mechanical, firmware, EMC, RF, design validation, thermal design, compliance, reliability, and manufacturing test engineers. Strong multi-tasking skills is key for success in this fast-paced environment.
- Own the entire product development process for circuit board electronics
- Help create the best possible products by contributing to product-level features, design, and vision leveraging your experience and creativity
- Design and develop digital electronics, analog electronics, and small power supplies for various components of a home energy system
- Work with a wide range of design components including microcontrollers, microprocessors, low level programming, hardware level chips, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience with circuit board design.
- Design digital communication busses (CAN, Ethernet, RS-485, USB, SPI, I2C, etc.) and power line communication (PLC) circuits
- Ability to select and use DSPs, microcontrollers, programmable logic devices, analog sensors, and signal conditioning circuits
- Execute board-level power supplies (buck, boost, flyback, etc.)
- Implement wireless communication features (cellular, Wi-Fi)
- Supervise PCB layout, plane definition, and EMC optimization
- Proficient with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Medium to high volume DFT and DFM
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent in evidence of exceptional ability
- Familiarity with embedded programming of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices
- Experience working on high-voltage, high-power systems
- Experience bringing products to market that require international safety certifications
- Previous work in the solar, energy storage, electric vehicle, or electric vehicle charging industry
- Basic understanding of mechanical design fundamentals