A battery design company developing the first long-term full-scale battery solution for powering the home
Company: A battery design company developing the first long-term full-scale battery solution for powering the home
Opportunity: The above client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team developing circuit board designs for multiple applications ranging from digital electronics, to analog electronics and power supply.
Requirements: Strong EE fundamentals, including familiarity with DSP, microcontrollers, programmable logic controllers, and digital communication busses
*TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE SIGN UP AT CLUSTERINC.COM*
The right individual for this role will take ownership of the circuit board development process from specifications through design, prototype, validation, and manufacturing. This is a hands-on position that will require working cross-functionally with teams such as mechanical, firmware, EMC, RF, design validation, thermal design, compliance, reliability, and manufacturing test engineers. Strong multi-tasking skills is key for success in this fast-paced environment.
- Own the entire product development process for circuit board electronics
- Help create the best possible products by contributing to product-level features, design, and vision leveraging your experience and creativity
- Design and develop digital electronics, analog electronics, and small power supplies for various components of a home energy system
- Work with a wide range of design components including microcontrollers, microprocessors, low level programming, hardware level chips, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience with circuit board design.
- Design digital communication busses (CAN, Ethernet, RS-485, USB, SPI, I2C, etc.) and power line communication (PLC) circuits
- Ability to select and use DSPs, microcontrollers, programmable logic devices, analog sensors, and signal conditioning circuits
- Execute board-level power supplies (buck, boost, flyback, etc.)
- Implement wireless communication features (cellular, Wi-Fi)
- Supervise PCB layout, plane definition, and EMC optimization
- Proficient with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Medium to high volume DFT and DFM
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent in evidence of exceptional ability
- Familiarity with embedded programming of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices
- Experience working on high-voltage, high-power systems
- Experience bringing products to market that require international safety certifications
- Previous work in the solar, energy storage, electric vehicle, or electric vehicle charging industry
- Basic understanding of mechanical design fundamentals